Excite interview in June

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Excite interview in June

Post by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:30 pm

ok.. another thing.. the excite interview which happend in june LOL.. i kno i'm so delayed, but late better than noting!! xDD

Q:『PANIC FANCY』は5枚目のアルバム、そしてデビューから5年、という節目の年でのリリースとなりますが、この5年で皆さんの存在感がどっしりとしてきましたね。
Panic Fancy is the 5th album, and it has been 5 years since your debut, this has become the turning point year. Throughout these 5 years, everyone (all members in OR) has a heavy (great) existence in the band isn’t it.
Hiroki:ビックリした。「どっしりした」って言うから体型のことかと思った(笑)。
You scared me. When you said ‘heavy’ I thought you meant out body size (laughs).
Q:いやいや(笑)。この5年という時間の中でバンドとして変わってきたなぁってことはありますか?
No no no (laughs). In this 5 years time, is there anything that led or has changed the band?
Ryo: どちらかというと、「ずっと変わらないなぁ」って感じがしますね。むしろ、そのまま自然に来ているという感覚です。
If I really had to answer this question, then I feel that we’re ‘constantly changing’. instead, the change came smoothly.
Naoto: その“5年”っていう時間が経過した感覚は、本人達はそんなに分からないんじゃないかと思いますね。みんないつも一緒にいるから、お互いに関してもそんな に分からないし。例えば、他人の子は成長が早く感じる、というのと同じで、自分のこととなるとよく分からないし、実感もないような、そんな感じがしますよ ね。分かり易く変わったというよりは…。
This ‘5years’ of progress, I feel that all of us understand each other. We have always been with each other , so we are rather mutual to each other and we understand. For example, it’s like the feeling of other people’s child is growing up quickly. This is the same matter, you don’t know it when it is your own things, but you see it on others (something along the line, leader-sama is really good at repeating the same word over and over again)
Q:まだ高校の頃からのノリが続いているような感覚?
Do you still have the same ‘stick together’ feeling?
Yama: ノリはそうですよ。
Yes
Hiroki: そういう部分は一切、変わらずですよね。
Apart form that, everything’s changed.
Q: でもキャリアは積まれていっていますからね。5年分の存在感や頼れる感じは滲み出ますよね。
But, your career has piled up. In these 5 years, the existence and the reliance of each other has really soaked out.
Hiroki: そうですか!?確かに気が付けば、年下のバンドも沢山出てきましたからね。オレらもずっと「若いバンドだ」って言われていたんですけどね。もう若いとか言っていられないですからね。
Is that so!? It is true that we have realized that. Now that more younger bands have came out. We used to say ‘younger band’, now we can’t say anything along the ‘younger’ line.
Yama: フレッシュさがなくなりましたね、この5年で。
The freshness has died, in this 5 years.
Q: フレッシュさ(笑)。
Freshness…(laughs)
Hiroki:ねぇ…。見た目もね。
Yea… even out appearance…
Yama: 外見に気を使ってないですからね。髭とかみんな生やしまくりだし。
We can’t use out appearance anymore. So everyone has turned out to grow beard and things like that.
Q: 確かに髭率は高いね。
Quiet true, most of you have a beard.
Ryo: 全員そうだから。
Yep, it’s everyone.
Q: そこはこだわり?
Is that the style now?
Yama: 多分みんな、手入れが面倒臭いんですよ。生まれたままの、あるがままで…。
Well.. most of us, are just too lazy to do trimming. So slowly to grow…
Q: なるほど。YOHにとってはこの5年はどんな時間でしたか?
Oh I see. So Yoh, in these 5 years, how was your time?
Yoh: とりあえず、変わってはいないと思いますね。5年を数字にして考えると、それなりに時間を過ごしてきたんだなぁとは思いますけど、個人として長かったとは感じていないですね。
First of all, I don’t think it has changed much. 5 years, it’s just a number to think of, it’s just another period of time pass by, as regarding to myself, I think I’ve grew.
Q: その5年の節目に完成した今作ですが、さすがに5枚目ともなるとバンドの中でのスムーズに制作する流れやスタイルみたいなものも確立出来たのではないかと思うのですが、その辺りはいかがでしょうか?
You have created a product in this 5 years of turn point but, during the making of the 5 albums released, did you create it smoothly with you band and do you think you have established a style that stood out in your making, can you talk about this?
Naoto: 年々固まっていって、本格的に自分達のスタイルになったのは前作『ORANGE RANGE』からだと思います。『1st CONTACT』の頃なんかはバタバタとしていましたけど、余裕が出てきたら音に関しても自由に出来るようになってきたと思います。そういうのが年々出来 てきているから、今回はスムーズに出来たと思います。
Year by year, we have solidified. I think the real us has really came out in our previous album ‘Orange Range’. In the times when we released ‘1st contact’, although it was a very noisy album, but there were lots of room for us to create freely and experiment in the album. Since we have established our style pretty much, so this time our release of the album ran very smoothly.
glyq
Michishirube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Excite interview in June

Post by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:33 pm

Q: その『PANIC FANCY』はどのようにして出来ていったんでしょうか?前作では「レコーディング前に楽曲は全部出揃っていた」と話してくれていたのですが、今回は?
How did you finish ‘Panic Fancy’? In you previous work you said ‘ before recoding, the composition will be ready’ how about this time?
Naoto: 今回も出来上がっていました。曲作りして録音まで入るのに…。
This time, we also manage to finished the compositions. However composition still in the making until we were in recording….
Yama: 曲作りは(昨年の)8、9月くらい。で、ちょっと空いて年末くらいからまた動き始めて、1、2、3月で録っていった感じですね。
The tune was composed during last year august, September. And, we didn’t do much in the end of year, but we started again, and jan, feb and march, we started recording.
Q:シングルも「イケナイ太陽」、「君 station」、「シアワセネイロ」、「O2」、「イカSUMMER」と収録されていますが、このシングルは元々アルバム用として出来ていた楽曲?それともシングルのために作った楽曲?
In the album, the singles ‘Ikenai Taiyou’, ‘Kimi station’, ‘Shiawase Neiro’, ‘O2’, ‘Ika Summer’ were also included. Were these singles originally recorded for the album or was it for the sake of producing a single?
Naoto: 「O2」だけは書き下ろしなんですけど、他はアルバムのために作ってあった曲をシングルとして採用しました。
Only O2 was produced on contract, but the rest was originally for the album, then we picked it out to use it as a single.
Q: じゃあ、基本的なアルバムの流れは随分前から出来ていたんですね。
Then, the basic idea of the album followed the idea that was established in your previous work, isn’t it.
Naoto: うん。
Yes
Ryo: もっとあったしね、他にも曲が。「曲数が多いから、今回は15曲くらいにしよう」っていう話になったんですよ。とりあえず今回はこの15曲にしよう、という感じですね。
The songs are more united now. As we said before, ‘We have a number of songs, so this time we have placed approximately 15 songs.’ For now we will use this 15 songs, that’s the kind of feelings I had.
Q: どういう基準で、その15曲は決定していったんでしょうか?
In what ways or according to what standard that came to a decision to put these 15 songs?
Ryo: 単純にやり易いとか制作し易そうとか。その時に自分達が出来そうな曲にしようということでしたね。
Simplicity, (a song that will create) smile, easy ..etc. These are the guidelines we create our songs by. Then we just use our ways to transform those guidelines into the songs.
Q: その15曲の中でも「5」は特筆すべき曲だと思うのですが、ソロで1曲ずつ作ってそれぞれのカラーが出た5曲を収録しても良さそうなところを、1曲に5つの場面を作ることにしたのはどうしてなんでしょう?
In the 15 songs, there’s a song that’s worth to be mentioned, which is ‘5’. The idea of this song is that all of you have a solo part in this song. 1 song with 5 scenarios/characters, why did you choose to do so?
Naoto: その方が5人からのジャブになると思ったし、ズコーン!とした衝撃があると思ったし。そう した方が、僕らの楽しんでいる感じが出て良いかなぁと思ったんです。僕ら5人はそれぞれこういうことを思っているんですけど、「ちょっと聴いてもらって良 いですか?」みたいな感覚でコンパクトにして届けたかったんです。
Naoto: (I don’t really understand Naoto here, so I just do the best I can to give you the guide of what he’s saying) We present out happy feelings in this product. So we’re trying to deliver compact feelings of a mixture of us.
Q: なるほど。そんなこの曲は歌詞の掲載がないという特徴もあれば、5人全員が歌っているという面白さのある1曲。タイトルも“5”という記念すべき数字を冠している。この曲の聴きどころをそれぞれ教えてください。
I see. This song’s lyrics is not disclosed to the public, and all members sang in this interesting song. And the title ‘5’ a number to be commemorate. Please tell me in the special element in this song.
Yama: 自分は15分くらいで作ったんです。それで楽器の録音はNAOTOにお願いして、リクエストしていった感じです。テーマは全くなくて。とにかく無心で作りましたね。
It took me around 15mins to compose my part of the song. And I begged Naoto to help with the instrumental recording. There was no theme to this song. Anyhow, without any obstructive thoughts I created my part.
Ryo: テーマがなしっていうのがテーマでしたから。それが全員に唯一課せられてたことですね。
The theme was no theme. So all the members were unique in their own ways.
Q: じゃあ全員が無心に作った感じ?
So all the members have no direction to create this song?
Ryo: うん。無心ですよね、本当に。
Yes. No direction at all, really.
Yama: 考えてないですよ。
We are not trying to test you!

Q: 誰がどんなフレーズにしてくるか分からないわけですよね。それは面白い作り方だなぁ。
It is very interesting that you don’t know who came up with a phrase (idea) (of the song) and how that person came up with it.
glyq
Michishirube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Yama: バラバラに作っていっても絶対にこの5人だったらフレーズがカブることもないですよ。だから普通に、周りのことも意識しないで、パッと思いついたままに作って録った。ポンポンポンっと。
Yama: We come up with random ideas, and it must be one of us that came up with the ideas. Usually, we don’t notice things around us, the idea just came suddenly, then we just start creating it and we record it
Q:YAMATOが作ったものを聴いてどんな感想がありました?
What was your impression when you heard Yama’s composition of song?
Naoto: 「らしいなぁ」って思いましたね。
I thought to myself, ‘it’s the character of Yama’
Q: そして続いてはYOHですが、YOH自身が歌うのは珍しいですよね。
Now, let’s move on to Yoh. You hardly participate in a vocal solo.
Yoh: 初めてですね。普通にギターを弾きながら作っていって。作る前からその(5人それぞれがフレーズを作って歌うという)構想は聞いていたので、面白そうだなぁって思っていたし、新しいなぁとも思って。
This is the first time. Usually, I only compose the guitar part of the song. Before composing this song, (when we all gathered together and compose our own phrase) and they came up with such an idea, I thought it’s interesting and it’s new.
Q:曲単位ではなくフレーズを作るというのはどうでしたか?
What is your impression of your own solo phrase tune?
Yoh: 無心とは言え、他の人のメロディは気にはなりましたね。だから作るのに時間が掛かっちゃいました。割と最後の最後で作れた感じで。全員のを合わせたところで聴いたら、面白かったですね。それぞれのカラーも出ていたし、新鮮でしたね。
I have to say it’s very free (the song), other member’s part were very lively. So when I was composing my part, I had to think for a bit. At the end, when all the members gather their parts together, and when I herd it I thought it’s very interesting. All the colours of us came out, it was so new.
Q: 続いてはHIROKIですが。
Now is Hiroki.
Hiroki: (作ることは)楽しかったんですけど、突然言われたし、自分の歌うとことだけっていう作り方をしたこともなければ、そういう歌を聴いたこともないから面白 いものになるだろうなぁっていうのはあって。案の定、本当にバラバラの5つのブロックになって、それを一つにくっ付けて成立させられたっていうのはオレ達 ならではなんだろうと思いましたね。
I find composing songs very enjoyable, suddenly you asked me to talk about my making of my part. I only can say, it’s very interesting because you’ve never hear of something like that. Really, this song is everywhere, it’s like 5 song tapes become 1[\color]
Q: 確かに(笑)。
Surely it did. (laughs)
hiroki: すごい曲になったな、と(笑)。
hiroki: that’s why it’s an awesome song!
Q: ORANGE RANGEだからこそ。
that’s why it’s definitely Orange Range
hiroki: むしろこんなにキレイにバラけないと思う。クセがあったりして。それが面白かったですね。自分もYAMATOと同じで割と早く、パパッと。「早く作ってメ シ食べよう」くらいの感覚でしたね。だってこういう5人の“遊び”の部分を出したい楽曲なんだから、直感でやらないとって思ったし。雰囲気を練り込んで作 るようなバンドではないじゃないですか。だから瞬発力でしたね。ボーカル録りに関しても何回も録らずに初期衝動で、ササッと録ることが出来ましたね。
Instead of composing a beautiful song, this is an unique song. That’s why it’s so interesting. Myself and Yamato were a bit quicker finishing our own parts, because we had the thought of ‘finishing it earlier so we can eat’. So our part had a bit of ‘mucking around with other bands’ feelings. Therefore, this song is filled with our instincts, mood. From these elements, this song is very dense.
Q: なるほど。そして続いてはRYOです。
[colo=orange] I see. Let’s carry on, Ryo.

Ryo: オレも勢い中心で。このバンドでの自分の色を出そうと思って、勢いを重視してリズムも早くして。歌い込むんじゃなくてラップ調で、スピード感を大事にしましたね。
I think this song showed the colour of the band, the things that we think I did the melody quiet early too. I couldn’t compose my part as dense as the others, because for my part I have to set the rapping tone, and the most importance is the speed.
Q: 歌の後ろに流れる音にしても、RYOらしさが出ていますよね。
Ryo: そう。それをループさせて、その上で何をするかっていうので楽しみましたね。みんな、「他のメンバーのブロックを気にしない」っていう決まりで最初から やっていたので、どうにかなるだろうと思って作りましたね。でも前がHIROKIじゃないですか。ガラっと雰囲気も変わるし、ツライっすよね、後は (笑)。
no idea what was asked and no idea what Ryo answered LOL
Q: 誰がどう並んでも、バラバラ感は出ますよね。
Did you felt that the song was a bit messy?
Ryo: 順番を決めるのは早かったですよ。4、5分で決まりました。リズムは最初から決まっていたので、あとは合わせるだけでしたし。
We decided the order of the ‘solos’ within 4-5 mins. Rhythm was decided early on, so after that we just put them all together.
Q: そして最後はNAOTO。
so at then end, we have Naoto.
Naoto: 僕は言い出しっぺのくせに曲が出来たのが一番最後だったんです(笑)。「5人で1曲を作ろう」というアイディアを言ったは良いが、何も考えていなくてズルいんだけど、「みんなのを聴いて考えよう」と思って。
I was the one that came up with the idea, and yet I was the last one to be asked about it. (laughs) ‘5 people composing one song’ that’s the idea of it. It’s abit like ‘let’s listen to everyone (members)’
glyq
Michishirube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Ryo: あははは(笑)。
hahaha
Q: その「5」は、アルバムのド真ん中に来ていますが、楽曲の並びに関しての葛藤はありましたか?個性の強いシングル曲も多いから並べ方は悩みそうなイメージがありますが。
the song’5’ is the centre of this album, but did you have any troubles with the other compositions in the album? Orange Range has produced many powerful songs, were you guys worried about your image?
Ryo: でも今までのアルバムの中では曲の並び順を決めるのは早かったし、悩むこともなかった。
The only thing we have to worry is the order of the songs, that’s the only thing, we’re not worried about other things.
Q: 制作に入る前からアルバムの曲は完成していたということなので、NAOTOの頭の中なり、皆さんの中ではアルバムの全体的な流れは見えていたかとは思うん ですが、「O2」に関してはアルバム作りとは違う流れでの“書き下ろし曲”。そうなると今作の中でどんな存在になるんでしょう?イレギュラーな感じ?
before producing the album, there were some songs that were already finished, so you guys can imagine what your album is going to be like, but when it came to producing ‘O2’, you mentioned that you HAD to write the song because it was on commission. Would this song be different to the other songs from the album? Do you have an irregular feeling?
Ryo:書き下ろしで苦労したんですよね、とにかく。でも作っていた期間的にはアルバムの曲を作っていた時期と同じで、制作期間に混ざっていたから、楽曲の流れとしては全然一緒なんですけど、ただ曲が出てくる場所が違っただけで。
having to write on commission is always hard. But we composed O2 along with all the other songs in the album at the same time. The songs were produced at different location.
Q: 「O2」はすごく苦労したって?
Did you have a lot of troubles composing O2?
Ryo: (メンバー)みんな、苦労してたと思います。でも苦労した分、愛着はありますけどね。「O2」は「O2」で。
Ryo: all the member had a hard time I think. But the more you put the hard work in, the more you love it. O2 is O2.
Q:その他の曲ではあまり苦労はなかったんでしょうか?
You did not have as much troubles composing other songs?
hiroki: 憶えてない曲もある(笑)。
I don’t remember. (laughs)
Ryo: う~ん…。結構、昔だったりするから。前の話だもんね、「イカSUMMER」とか「イケナイ太陽」とか。だから自分達の中でも“昔の曲”っていう感覚があ るんですよ。制作もアルバムとは全然違う時期にやっているもんだから、ちょっと別かも。違うとかってことよりも、遠い話(笑)。
mmm… Since it’s the old days, like when we produced ‘ika summer’ or ‘ikenai taiyou’..etc. The period we produced the songs is totally different, the location is difference.. everything’s different so we can’t really say. (laughs)
Q: でもその2曲が入っているから余計、夏っぽい曲が多いアルバムになりますよね。
Including the 2 songs you just mentioned, this album has a lot of summer-ish songs
Ryo: 今回はそうでしたね。「イカSUMMER」と「イケナイ太陽」がデカいんじゃないですか?やっぱり。それで夏のイメージの強いアルバムになりましたよね。
Yes, quiet true. Ika summer and Ikenai Taiyou are both quiet ‘big’ ( I think he ment the implication of summer is strong OR it’s a big hit?). Through this album the summer image is stronger.
Q: そうは言っても、真冬の曲もあって、その振り幅がORANGE RANGEらしさだなとも思いましたね。その冬ソング「冬美」とその前に収録されている「太陽と向日葵、周りなんか気にせずに …夏」の2曲は、5年目に なってもイメージを覆し続けるORANGE RANGE、という感じを強く受けるナンバーですよね。
You also have produced some songs relating to winter, trying to widen up Orange Range, isn’t it. A winter single such as ‘Fuyumi’ and ‘Taiyou to himawari mawari nanka ki ni sezu ni... Natsu.’ Which is recorded earlier are also in the album.
Ryo: 「太陽と向日葵、周りなんか気にせずに …夏」は、HORKIから出てきた曲ですね。
Taiyou to himawari mawari nanka ki ni sezu ni... Natsu. Is from Hiroki
Hiroki: 何?呼んだ?何か文句言った?
what? You called? What kind of phrase is that?
Ryo: 言ってないって
he can’t say
Q: 前作『ORANGE RANGE』はエレクトロな雰囲気があったのに、今回は生音っぽかったのは意識してるのかなぁ…と思ったりもして。「太陽と向日葵、周りなんか気にせずに  …夏」は、特に歌謡曲っぽさだったり、エレクトロとは違う方向のORANGE RANGEを見せていますね。
In previous work of Orange Range, it had a bit electronic atmosphere, but this time it’s abit more lively, I think. ‘Taiyou to himawari mawari nanka ki ni sezu ni... Natsu’ is a song especially popular, but it’s totally opposite to the electronic style.
hiroki: これが限界ですから(笑)。アレンジはリーダー(NAOTO)に任せた部分も多いので、リーダーにはその思惑もあったんじゃないかとは思いますけど。この曲はパッとメロと歌詞が出てきて。そこから歌詞がサビくらいまで出来たところで曲の全部を作りたくなって。
That’s just a limit (laughs). The arrangement of music is done by Leader (naoto), he doesn’t predict whether the song will be popular. Something soething.. I don’t get

Last edited by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
glyq
Michishirube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by glyq on Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:35 pm

Q: タイトル通りの夏チューンのこの曲に続いて入っているのが演歌の雰囲気さえ滲む「冬美」。
Even the title cover continues to be summer tune, why is there a ballad ‘fuyumi’?
Naoto: 狙いとかはなくて。アルバムの曲を作っている時にバリエーションの一つとして「こんな“日本海”な曲を作ったら、ORANGE RANGEとして面白いなぁ」と思って作っていったら、本当にベストな形になりましたね。
The aim of this song was to let people sob. When I was producing the album, I wanted a variety, and I was thinking ‘having a variety as wide as this Japanese ocean, then Orange Range would be so interesting’, and honestly that’s the best it became.
Q: ベストというか、むしろ振り切った感もありますが(笑)。
Apart from saying it is the best. Did you felt, finally you got rid of the album? (laughs)
Yama: いつもと違う雰囲気の曲調ではあるなぁ、とは思っていたんですけど、そんなに苦労もしなかったし、すんなり曲に入れたし、作れたかなと思う。
We always produced something very different, I think. So this kinda of thing is not hard work, after we produce one we think of another.
Q: そんな遊びゴコロ満載のアルバムは、タイトルそのままに『PANIC FANCY』な一枚になっています。そのカラーはORANGE RANGEならではですよね。
This album’s title ‘Panic Fancy’. So is this the colour of Orange Range?
Naoto: 甘やかされてますよね(笑)。
The spoiled side of us (laughs)
Q: それこそが“個性”ですからね。そのアルバムを引っ提げての全国ツアーも控えていますね。「5」はライヴで演奏する?
That’s the character of you guys. This album will be carried out to the Japan tour. Will ‘5’ be performed?
Ryo: 考え中です。楽しみにしている人もいるだろうし、再現不可能な部分もあるし。とにかく考え中ですね。
We are stil thinking. If we do I will look forward to it, but it’s a song that’s impossible to reproduced. Anyway, we’re stil thinking.
glyq
Michishirube

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kennie on Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:28 am

THank you very much!!! Very Happy
i feel happy that they talk about '5' so much!
i was totally have no idea about the song without lyrics when i was listening the album.
i only think that they are very special because they only hide one song's lyric in the album:rabbit:
(usually, a album will show all the lyrics or hide all the lyrics)
this is my first time to meet this arrangement :-P

but..
until now...
i still cannot confirm who sing the 2nd, 3rd and 5th part..~____~
(is the 3rd part was sang by hiroki?)
kennie
Locolotion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakuyou321 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:02 am

^5 is a great song!! I love it!! xD
1st: Yamato [Agree.. Just like Yama-san!]
2nd: Yoh [Calming.. very nice singing, Yoh!^^]
3rd: Hiroki [Okan.. akan.. jikan! Also very nice!^^]
4th: Ryo [The usual rapping xD]
5th: Naoto [So unique!! Leader-sama sugoi!]

Thanks for the translation, glyq!! It's so fun to read! =)
Rakuyou321
Ikenai Taiyō

View user profile http://www.rakuyou321.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kennie on Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:52 am

thank you very much!!!! Very Happy
i dreamed that yoh was singing in a concert last night!XD
the dream reflected my desire, HAHA!
kennie
Locolotion

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rakuyou321 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:02 am

^I would like to see Yoh singing solo!!^^ It will be so nice!
Rakuyou321
Ikenai Taiyō

View user profile http://www.rakuyou321.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maru on Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:55 pm

i never imagine that "5" have a lot of ideas and feelings...........................................................................
Maru
Kizuna

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top